Pages

Wednesday 18 September 2019

Term 3 food

This term we have been looking at a cultural unit. So far, I have learned how the migration of other countries has impacted food consumption in New Zealand. Also, I have learned about the different animals, plants, and techniques that the European's brought along to New Zealand. Practicals we have made this term are Scones, Jamdrops, pad Thai, Souvlaki, Pizza, Sushi, and fish and chips. The main point of making all these dishes was to learn about different foods and techniques from all around the world. Some were from European countries, and some were from Asia. All these different foods, from all around the world have made it to New Zealand due to the migration and settlement of different cultures. Throughout the many practicals, we have done, I have improved basic skills such as the different ways to cut vegetables, and stir-frying. I am sure that I will use these skills in the future once I move out of my house. I'd say that the group that I cooked with was reliable and didn't do anything stupid. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Daniel
    Good job on explain on what you learnt and explaining how the food got to New Zealand.I wouldn't exactly say our group was reliable since some of the group joked about stabbing themselves and blood. i think you could improve on explaining more information.
    What was some of the cutting methods?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.