Pages

Thursday 2 November 2017

100 word challenge

The countdown began, 3, 2, 1, and off I went into space. I sat down idly not knowing where I was or what I should be doing. I left to space in 1961 and It is now 2026. I can only remember fragments of what happened 65 years ago. But it was no time to think about that, I was coming back down to earth.
In the 65 years in space I smiled for the first time. As I went down I thought about my owner, how he led me into this journey. Until I felt a sudden bump and the parachute got released. Thanks to that I had a safe landing, but all of a sudden my relief turned into sorrow. I thought I could see my friends once again. But what had awaited me was rubble of the city I once called home. I saw no movement, the trees had their life sucked out of them, the skies were covered in smog, humans were nowhere to be seen. I fell to my knees and died of a heart attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.