Pages

Wednesday 13 June 2018

Novel Study of Wonder Part 1 August (43-80)


1. Star Wars is one of August's passions because he can empathize with Darths Siddius. This is because Darths Siddus's face is also messed up. They might not be the same reason but a messed up face is a messed up face. Auggie aspires to be like them because despite their differences they can still accomplish great things.

2. Jullian asks August "why do you have that tiny braid in the back of your hair" drawing attention to August. August wanted to slide under the desk because Jullian brings up Darths Siddius.

3. I agree with Mr Browne's September precept to some extent because it is a great motto to live by. But I generally I say being right is the better option. If I had to make a choice between being kind or being right, I would probably choose to be right. Being right gives a satisfaction that being kind will never give me.

4. I think August was getting frustrated at his mother because he unconsciously feels that his mother is babying him. And on top of that, his mother was asking too many questions on the way home.

5. I think most kids in his class didn't come to his birthday party because they are afraid of being around August. August did mention that no one around him wanted to touch him and being at his birthday party would be a huge violation of that rule.

6. An aversion is a strong dislike or disinclination to something. August probably has an aversion to getting his photo taken because he doesn't like the way his face looks and certainly does not want it on a photo.

7. They don't want to touch August because they have a fear that he is "contagious" and they might catch a face-deformity disease just like August.

8. My opinion of Jack Will definitely changed after that scene. At first, I thought he was a good guy he looked after August, hung out with him, and was all around nice to August. But after what Jack Will said to Julian, I feel as if everything I knew about Jack Will was a lie.

9. I think August will never want to go to school again but for the plot of the story August will probably end up back at school. And we will find out if Jack Will really meant what he said about August or he was just lying to look cool.

What am I learning? 
I am learning about 
How does this work show my learning?
what am I wondering?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.